cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Bounces Everything

I recently transferred my DNS service to GoDaddy and had them set up a CPanel email account for me.  The website domain name does resolve to the GoDaddy server.

I have rcvd zero email from the account.

All emails sent by me to the one existing account get a message of this type returned to me:  (this one was bounced back from an attempt to send it from Gmail) 

It appears to suggest that something is misconfigured on the GoDaddy server.  Any thoughts on how to address?

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXX@motoreva.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.motoreva.com. (107.180.14.32, the server for the domain motoreva.com.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
 550-mail-oi0-f45.google.com [209.85.218.45]:37635 is not permitted to relay
 550 through this server without authentication.
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 02:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

1 REPLY 1

Hi @DesmoAndrew,

Thanks for posting. A 550 bounce back message usually means your MX records are incorrect or missing. If you recently started managing your DNS through GoDaddy I'm guessing it defaulted to our WorkSpace email MX records, you will need to configure your domain for cPanel by following the steps in this guide.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.