cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cpanel Email : sending but not receiving

Hello,

I purchased a shared hosting account a domain in Godaddy with Linux Cpanel. I have created an email address in cpanel and the problem is I send emails from the email account but I can't receive emails. I tried some solutions I have seen on other same topics, but it didn't work for me. This is a screen of the records. The domain name was purchased on my Godaddy account.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Cpanel Email : sending but not receiving

@Lionel1 

What domain are we seeing the DNS record for - 

When I lookup mail.mp3cameroun.com it says no IP found - which makes me think the zone file below is for a different domain - Conceptually you set it up correctly - It may just be which zone you were editing

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for your answer.

Actually the domain associated with the hosting cpanel linux on Godaddy is mp3cameroun.cm which is not hosted by Godaddy. By the way I tried to set mp3cameroun.com as main domain and then redirected permanently the trafic from mp3cameroun.cm to mp3cameroun.com. First time it works, because I was testing it, after that I set everything back (mp3cameroun.cm as main domain). But fews days later I wanted to do it for good and it didn't work at all, many issues as reaching the coming soon page, an ERROR about too many redirects..., so I thought that I can leave the website like this and at least use email adresses of mp3cameroun.com through the cpanel, but looks like there is something I don't get about how email works with the hosting.

I tried to explain everything, hope you can give me some advice.

Thank you again

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Lionel1 

Right now from everything I'm seeing the issue isn't with the server (at least not yet) but rather with the DNS for your domain name.

1) https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3amp3cameroun.cm&run=toolpage

2) https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3amp3cameroun.com&run=toolpage

As you can see there are no MX (Mail Transfer) records for either domain.

Also for the .COM - this is using ns25 and ns26 for the name servers whereas the screen capture you posted showed ns55 and ns56 which is why I think  you were editing the wrong domain.

Once you get the MX records configured delivery of mail will start to work.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community