cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cannot change nameservers due to restriction

I'm trying to change the nameservers on a client's account and I'm getting this error. Is this a problem with the level of delegate access I have or something else?Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 6.52.19 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@tstoik 

This could be due to delegated access or it could be something with the domain itself - can you share the domain so we can see the status in WHOIS

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@tstoik 

This could be due to delegated access or it could be something with the domain itself - can you share the domain so we can see the status in WHOIS

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Turns out it was the delegate access. Despite having the highest level of access available, I wasn't able to change the nameservers. The client gave me her login info and that did the trick. Gotta wonder what the point of having delegate access is if the highest access level still has restrictions on it.