cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't change .nl nameservers

Hello community,

I'm trying to host a domain I bought on Infinityfree but whenever I try to change my nameservers to the ones I should be using it doesn't do anything. I change them to ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org but when I then go to check if they actually changed they're still the default Godaddy nameservers. When I first tried to change them I got some ip-adress error message but now I'm not getting any error at all it just doesn't change.

Does any of you know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Rover

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@RoverIndigo 

The only thing I can think of is that those name servers are not "Authoritative" see https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-nl-domains-5336 for some more information.

Is there a reason you can't use the GoDaddy DNS?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@RoverIndigo 

The only thing I can think of is that those name servers are not "Authoritative" see https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-nl-domains-5336 for some more information.

Is there a reason you can't use the GoDaddy DNS?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

I've now connected it through an A record but I'd still prefer to manage my DNS at my host.