cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Delaying Wordpress updates on production and/or staging

Hi,

I would like to have the automatic wordpress updates either disabled on my staging and/or production sites for a website, or at least delayed (at least a week) between the production and staging sites. This will give us a chance to check after I get one of those "you've been upgraded" emails.

If that can't be done, I would like to know if I do a restore will it roll be back to whatever I had on the site on on the backup date I choose, including the wordpress version.

My goal is to tell my "client" to 

- check that the key features of the site are working before updating any content

- or simply check on a weekly basis that the key features/content still work.

- if there is a problem we can restore from one of the automatic backups to production and try to fix the problem on the staging site, noting that we can only go back 30 days.

Or any better ideas on how to make this work (aside from upgrading to Pro wordpress hosting)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

There is a good answer for this by @JesseW in the Stop Automatic Updates Of Wordpress By Godaddy @gmccr. It seems that updates are a core function of the Managed WordPress offering. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

There is a good answer for this by @JesseW in the Stop Automatic Updates Of Wordpress By Godaddy @gmccr. It seems that updates are a core function of the Managed WordPress offering. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Thanks - I guess that is usable as long as I can get back to the prior version of Wordpress (at least for a while) via a restore from backup, or a copy from the staging site  if the current version of Wordpress messes up something.