• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Cannot access WP Admin Panel while Temporary Domain Forwarding is on

Hi,

I temporarily forwarded my domain to my Facebook business page while I am working on my WP site. I cannot access the WP Admin panel; When I click on the WP Admin button it takes me to my Facebook business page with the following error:

This page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

I downloaded the WordPress zipped file to my computer and cannot find how to get the files to my site. When I removed the domain forwarding and clicked on the WP Admin button I get a GoDaddy advert page. I tried to get to the CPanel but having Managed WordPress I cannot see it to access it. What am I doing wrong.

I'm using Chrome as my browser

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi again Jovan @3fk

For some weird reason I put the original IP address back into the A Value and waited 10 minutes and everything works like it supposed to. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this issue. Really appreciate your help. 

I think you can close this thread and mark as solved.

Derick

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    Former Employee

Hello @concreteperv

It's a bit hard to explain but I will try.

Website requirements:
    1. a domain registration. (the URL that everyone types in)
    2. a host a.k.a a server (The storage of your web contents example wordpress )

Note that : The domain (#1)should be connected or what we call "pointed" to the IP of the server(#2) to a'least make it talk with each other.

Let's say your domain is : domain01.com 
    And let's say my Wordpress Host IP is 166.62.77.192
    For the domain to show the Wordpress Host content the domain should know the IP
    That includes the content for: domain01.com/wp-admin
    "It will forsure show content if the domain is connected/pointed to the ip of the server/host"
    ===
    But what happens if you forward the domain is in most cases it will bypass that IP because your like tellin' your domain to go find a place not related to 166.62.77.192(Where your wp-admin contents is)  "Making it like : 166.62.77.192/wp-admin"

So lets say you forwarded it to facebook that has ip : 31.13.71.36
    domain will find 31.13.71.36/wp-admin.
    ===

And how to upload files to your cPanel best guide is how-to-upload

Hope that helps!

Warm Regards,
    Joven 🙂

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Yes, I understood what you said very clearly. I need to remove my Domain Forwarding (Permanent or Temporary) to able WP Admin to access the correct IP.

I'll upload the WP files to GD Servers on my domain via FTP then access the WP Admin from GD Managed WP panel. I'll come back here either with good news to mark as solved or with my hair in my hand asking for more help.

Did all I had to do and went to my managed WordPress settings page. I'm not getting to see my WP dashboard when I click the WP Admin button.
    I installed FileZilla and saw that WP is there. I also tried typing concreteperv.com\wp-admin and nothing.

Hello @concreteperv

It seems there are too many ip's here or it's still propagating.

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/concreteperv.com

I'll get back to you tomorrow since I had to run some errands here. but the goal is to identify the ip of your host. and point the A records. make sure theres no other A records except for the wordpress ip. DNS-management  note that dns changes takes few minutes to 24 hours.

GL !

Warm regards,

Joven 🙂

Hello @3fk, (Joven)

I used the link you provided to find out what my domain IP address is and saw a few different IP's. I used one that was repeated three times. I'm now getting a "Error: Token mismatch" when I use the link https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/concreteperv.com. 

Why didn't it do what it supposed to when I first purchased my hosting? I'm about to ditch the WordPress totally and go with HTML5 using my Dreamweaver. Is there anyway to get this fixed ASAP? This is not what I signed up for and it's giving WordPress a bad name with GoDaddy.

I do appreciate all your help with this issue. Is it possible to open a tech support ticket to rectify this issue?

Thank you Jovan.

Hi again Jovan @3fk

For some weird reason I put the original IP address back into the A Value and waited 10 minutes and everything works like it supposed to. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this issue. Really appreciate your help. 

I think you can close this thread and mark as solved.

Derick

View solution in original post