cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How do I restrict access to all of my website except one?

I have the Linux Ultimate Classic Hosting with several websites in separate directories but I now need to let a site designer have access but ONLY to the one directory. For example if my website directory's are named site1, site2, site3, site4, site5 and site6. How can I allow access to site3 but restrict access to the other websites, how do I do this?  I have been with Godaddy for many years now but this is the first time I have needed to do this and I need to have this done by Monday! Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable
Solution

Re: How do I restrict access to all of my website except one?

hi 👋 @siskensales

yes this is easy to do if you follow these instructions carefully 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_permissions_and_attributes

I tried to find the best instructions for you as you may or may not be new to this. But to be honest you are going to need some strong coffee ️ today to learn and implement this by tomorrow. 

Good luck.

TBH if a client left something this late for me, on a day of rest, my fees would have doubled. 

"A lack of foresight and planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable
Solution

hi 👋 @siskensales

yes this is easy to do if you follow these instructions carefully 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_permissions_and_attributes

I tried to find the best instructions for you as you may or may not be new to this. But to be honest you are going to need some strong coffee ️ today to learn and implement this by tomorrow. 

Good luck.

TBH if a client left something this late for me, on a day of rest, my fees would have doubled. 

"A lack of foresight and planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much rammsteinium! I say this but I haven't looked at what I am up against yet 🙂 This is somewhat of my fault as I should have done this a few years ago as this day was bound to come. I spent most of yesterday searching the help & community sections without any luck. Also this is for a club I belong to so I am doing everything at cost for them. Plus it helps to build my portfolio. Unfortunately volunteer work can be more of a pita than a paying client! Thanks, Ken
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @siskensales,

you are welcome and hope you manage it all ok. 

Let me know how you got on. Smiley Happy