cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Exceeding bandwidth / site temporarily shuts down

So my site uses jQuery Ajax, and some of the times there are as many as 12 calls being made at the same time.  I could probably do a better job of limiting the amount of calls are made at the same time by spacing them out,  That said, I believe this is exceeding the maximum amount of data that can be downloaded at a given time. My site is then unacceptable for about 10 seconds.

Questions

• Is this correct?
  • Is there a way to increase the bandwidth?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Exceeding bandwidth / site temporarily shuts down

one other question:  is this download limit per IP address?  I assume so, as even 12 ajax calls at once is small compared to a site getting 100's of hits at a time.  

Highlighted

Hi @Zelkowo, thanks for posting.

Most GoDaddy hosting plans have security filters and rules and place to prevent repeated access from the same IPs/clients. This is to help protect against DDOS and bruteforce attacks. When a number of requests from the same IP/client occur rapidly, access is temporarily blocked for a short time.

You should be able to work around this by spacing out your calls/requests.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Highlighted

Thanks Gary!

I've tried my best to space out my calls, but even then, if a user is "clicking fast" he may be 6 - 12 calls in less than 10 seconds.  Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes I get locked out.

I'd like to know more about what's being repeated that causes that lockout.  Is it the specific script that  I am hitting (.php) or database / table (MySQL)?

The reason I ask... would it help if I created unique scripts?  Right now each of my "rapid fire" ajax calls hits the same .php script, but with different parameters. Also would it help if I created more tables in the MySQL database so each call would be hitting a different table?   This would take some work and make my code slightly more complex, but if it fixes the problem AND makes my calls more efficient, than I'm certainly willing to do it.

Again, thanks for the response Gary!

Highlighted

OK, we have a REALLY big problem here...

Another one of my domains, on the same cPanel account is having the same issue.

IM NOT EVEN HITTING IT THAT OFTEN!!!!!!!!!  Sure, sometimes there are some "quick clicks" so a script my but hit a few times within 10 seconds ... but are you kidding me