cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

jose.lee.name and jose@lee.name

I have several questions to ask

(1)Is it correct that "Every registrar has an account with Verisign

if they offer .com, .net, .cc, or .tv."?

(2) If I have the domain name of JOSE.LEE.NAME, I will be able to have JOSE@LEE.NAME as my email, right?

(3)If I transfer my domain name JOSE.LEE.NAME from one company to another company, I must have BOTH CODES for JOSE.LEE.NAME and JOSE@LEE.NAME in order to transfer both of them to the new registrar, right?

(4) I transfier my domain name of JOSE.LEE.NAME from GoDaddy to another registrar....and Godaddy gave me a code for the Domain name for permission to transfer my domain, but they are supposed to give me another CODE for transferring my Email address of JOSE@LEE.NAME ...right?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: jose.lee.name and jose@lee.name

Hello @joselee!

Thank you for posting! I'll answer your questions below:

(1) You do need Verisign Certification in order to be a domain Registrar.

(2) If you register the domain lee.name you can create the subdomain of jose.lee.name and have email at lee.name.

(3) You would only need codes to transfer the domain name. You don't need transfer codes for email addresses. 

(4) Answered in 3. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Dear Heather

Below is the answer I have got from Verisign.

I think you have got some wrong idea regarding 

Jose.lee.name and Jose@lee.name, please double check with Verisign company.

I DO NOT need to OWN "lee.name" in order to get JOSE.LEE.NAME for me. In order words, for .name is totally different concept from the normal domains like .com/.net/. 

I can OWN "JOSE.LEE.NAME" without owning LEE.NAME, and once I own JOSE.LEE.NAME, I would be able to use JOSE@LEE.NAME.

For transferring JOSE@LEE.NAME from GoDaddy to another company, I need a separate CODEs from transferring both JOSE.LEE.NAME, and JOSE@LEE.NAME. you can read the email I pasted below from Verisgn.

Now my email JOSE@LEE.NAME is still in your company I could not transfer it to another company without your code to them.

GoDdday keeps on telling me two MISTAKES THINGS

(1) I MUST have LEE.NAME in order to have JOSE.LEE.NAME. It's not TRUE.

(2) I DO NOT need any code to transfer my email JOSE@LEE.NAME to other company. It's not true.

Please double check with Verisign the above two mistakes, since you must get the Certification from Verisign and they told me different answer from yours.

JOSE LEE suffering from your service

2017-04-28 9:03 GMT+08:00 Info <info@verisign-grs.com>:

Dear Jose,

Thank you for contacting Verisign Customer Support.

To answer your questions:

(1)Is it correct that "Every registrar has an account with Verisign 
if they offer .com, .net, .cc, or .tv." 
- Registrar who has an account with Verisign does not have to offer all those TLDs. They may only have com/net or they can offer other TLDs. It is up to the Registrar.

(2) If I have the domain name of JOSE.LEE.NAME, I will be able to have 
JOSE@LEE.NAME as my email, right? 
- Yes. However you need to register them separately, the email does not come automatically with the domain name. So it means you will have the ability to register JOSE@LEE.NAME if you have the domain JOSE.LEE.NAME.

(3)If I transfer my domain name JOSE.LEE.NAME to another company, I must 
have BOTH CODES for JOSE.LEE.NAME and JOSE@LEE.NAME in order to transfer 
both of them to a new registrar, right?
- You will need separate codes, one for the domain, one for the email. Then you can transfer them both to another Registrar.

(4) I transfier my domain name of JOSE.LEE.NAME from GoDaddy to 
Tierra.net....and Godaddy gave me a code for the Domain name for permission 
to transfer my domain, but they are supposed to give me another CODE for 
transferring my Email address of JOSE@LEE.NAME ...right? 
- Yes, they should give you another code for transferring your email address.

(5) Godaddy keeps on saying there is NO CODE for transferring Email 
address, only Code for domain...please tell me what to do? 
- What Godaddy has told you seems incorrect. However we are not able to provide you with the code. Please contact them again and ask for the Authcode for the email transfer.

You can only transfer a domain to a Registrar. Verisign is the Registry so you will not be able to transfer a domain to us and we will not catch all the emails for you. It is best to contact the Registrar to sort out the transfer.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Amelia 

Verisign Customer Support
Verisign.com

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello @joselee!

Thank you for you reply. There is no such thing as an email transfer code. All you need to do is create your email address with the company you've moved your domain to. If you've already transferred your domain, there's nothing further you need to do. 

Regarding your needing to own lee.name in order to have the domain jose.lee.name, this is absolutely true. You must own the lee.name in order to be able to create a subdomain of it. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support