cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer through broker service to non GD domain?

Hi,

I was wondering if I can use the broker service (or recommend it) to have people transfer my non GD domains to someone else who wants the domain hosted somewhere else. As far as I understand, the domain gets transfered to GD during the process. So, can GD transfer it again to potential buyers through the broker service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Transfer through broker service to non GD domain?

I don't think so, I believe since they are taking responsibility for the transaction they want to be able to control that.

The buyer would be able to use the domain as soon as the transaction is complete, they can point it to a 3rd party hosting plan if they want.  Though I believe there's a 60-day hold before they would be able to transfer the registration again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

I don't think so, I believe since they are taking responsibility for the transaction they want to be able to control that.

The buyer would be able to use the domain as soon as the transaction is complete, they can point it to a 3rd party hosting plan if they want.  Though I believe there's a 60-day hold before they would be able to transfer the registration again.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DNDiscounter. Thanks for posting. If a domain bought/sold through our GoDaddy Auctions or Domain brokerage service, there are times when we use a 3rd party to provide escrow. If the domain name sells for less than $5,000 we process the transaction in-house. We process domain names selling for $5,000 or greater through Escrow.com. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.