cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Domain transfer from Registrar to Godaddy waiting approval?. I already approved the transfer!

I purchased a domain transfer at godaddy.

I completed the process (codes, authorization, etc).

Current status in Godaddy says: "We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar, which can take up to 7 days"

In the original registrar, I approved the transfer and Done!. The domain is not longer available on the original registrar for management. So there is nothing left to approve or anything left I can do!

But in Godaddy I don't see the domain in my list of domains!!!  Still appears in "pending transfers" with the "waiting approval message"...

What I can do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain transfer from Registrar to Godaddy waiting approval?. I already approved the transfer!

HI @matrix

Thank you for your post. In regards to the transfer approval there are a few steps. The registrant approval which you have already done. The registrar approval, meaning the domain host you were previously with. And the registry approval.

All domain extension have a registry that must also approve a transfer request, some are quicker than other but most will fall within the 7 day time frame to approve the domain transfer. 

During the transfer process, in most cases, the domain will remain active and remain connected to services it is attached to, i.e. email and websites. However updating the domain is usually disabled until the transfer completes.  

Hope this info helps,

-Techfly

Highlighted
New

Re: Domain transfer from Registrar to Godaddy waiting approval?. I already approved the transfer!

@TechFly wrote:

HI @matrix

Thank you for your post. In regards to the transfer approval there are a few steps. The registrant approval which you have already done. The registrar approval, meaning the domain host you were previously with. And the registry approval.

All domain extension have a registry that must also approve a transfer request, some are quicker than other but most will fall within the 7 day time frame to approve the domain transfer. 

During the transfer process, in most cases, the domain will remain active and remain connected to services it is attached to, i.e. email and websites. However updating the domain is usually disabled until the transfer completes.  

Hope this info helps,

-Techfly

Thanks for your reply.

But why Godaddy says is "waiting for the approval" if I already approved the transfer in the original registrar?

I read once the approval is done in the original registrar, this must be reflected in Godaddy in a matter of minutes, no days.

The original registrar (www.akky.mx) was used for the original registration and management. After the transfer approval, the domain dissapear from the akky console. So I cannot do anything else with this domain in Akky. The process has ended from Akky side.

But I expect the domain to be already fully transfered to Godaddy, but is still pending. Is this normal?

Highlighted
New

Hi Matrix,

I have the same problem with a domain from Akky.mx did you manage to transfer your domain in those 7 days?