cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain Transfer Troubles

Hi, i've found myself in a bit of a situation and would love to have your help. Actually, i purchased a domain not too long ago and GoDaddy is preventing me from transferring it until a specific time period ends. So, my question is that can i still transfer the domain from one GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account before that time period? Is it possible to do so because i have a buyer who is interested in buying a particular domain from me but i can't transfer as it is locked. Please help me out as soon as possible. I would really appreciate it.

Best Regards

Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Domain Transfer Troubles

@Ali12 wrote:

Hi, i've found myself in a bit of a situation and would love to have your help. Actually, i purchased a domain not too long ago and GoDaddy is preventing me from transferring it until a specific time period ends. So, my question is that can i still transfer the domain from one GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account before that time period? Is it possible to do so because i have a buyer who is interested in buying a particular domain from me but i can't transfer as it is locked. Please help me out as soon as possible. I would really appreciate it.

Best Regards

Ali

@Ali12 Typically a domain name cannot be transferred to another registrar for 60 days after registration. Updating the contact info will also result in a 60 day transfer lock. You should be able to move the domain name to another account though. You can follow these instructions:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Domain-Transfers/How-to-move-transfer-a-domain-to-another-GoDaddy-...

---

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Domain Transfer Troubles

@Ali12 wrote:

Best Regards

Ali

@Ali12 Typically a domain name cannot be transferred to another registrar for 60 days after registration. Updating the contact info will also result in a 60 day transfer lock. You should be able to move the domain name to another account though. You can follow these instructions:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Domain-Transfers/How-to-move-transfer-a-domain-to-another-GoDaddy-...

---

View solution in original post