cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost account information renew

Hi, I am working for a new client and looking to renew their website to a new hosting enviroment. but I had login on cpanel acoount only. Unfortunately they don't have a record of who registered their domain. I have looked up a whois that was registered in 2017, was renewed last year, on GoDaddy, but can find no further information. is there anyway that I can gain control of the domain? I understand that people might try to do this maliciously but I have a genuine reason and the companies permission. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

Hey there @darareachseng,

If you cannot access the email address associated with your account and cannot verify the information required for the customer support department to assist you, you can submit a Request for Change of Account/Email Update Form to request an update. Along with the form, they also require:

• Photo ID — A color copy of a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, military ID, or passport (signature must be included).
  • Business ID — If the domain is registered to a business, we also need valid business identification, such as:
    • Business license
    • Tax certificate
    • Doing Business As documentation
    • Fictitious Name documentation
    • IRS 501(C)3 "Determined Letter"
    • Government-issued certificate of tax exemption that proves charitable status
    • EIN/TIN verification letter (IRS Letter 147C)

Note: If you have access to the email address associated with your account, but cannot log in, see Reset my GoDaddy password.

1. Visit changeupdate.com and click Get Started.
  2. Enter in the name of the domain you want to access (do not include the www when you enter your domain name) and click Next.
  3. Enter your contact information and click Next.
  4. To upload your photo or business ID, select Upload files now and click Browse, and click Open on the appropriate files.
  5. Enter the access code, and then click Submit Request.

They will contact you with more information within 3 days of receiving your photo ID and/or business ID.

Note: If you don't have a domain name and you need assistance with gaining access to your account, please reach out to our 24/7 Customer Care team for assistance.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/regain-access-to-my-domain-or-my-account-4043

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

Hi @darareachseng. Thanks for posting. It sounds like you need to recover a domain that has Private Registration on it. This service masks the WHOIS information for the domain. However, our account recovery team can still review the underlying WHOIS details. The only way to move a domain out of an account without logging into it is to have the registrant of the domain fill out and submit the form at changeupdate.com. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.