Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain email accounts being cancelled

I think I am being conned by GoDaddy.

I have been a customer with Domain and Deluxe hosting for more than a decade.  When I bought, the package was 1x 1Gb Personal Email (with Domain) and 500x Personal mail (across 5 plans with 100Mb each (with Hosting).

All has been fine until today, when I noted that 2 of the plans haven't been extended with the recent Hosting renewal (renewed in June 2018).  I now have 3 plans that show as expiring in line with the Hosting expiry, and 2 that expire in less than a month.

I have contacted support and they have spun a range of answers, none of which I believe.  Firstly they said I simply needed to do a 'Free' renewal.  Didn't work.  Then they said I needed to 'Go into the product' and it will update.   Didn't work.  Then they said I'd need to do that after it's expired.  I called BS and asked them to explain why 3 plans are OK and 2 are not.

After a number of minutes on hold they come back and tell me that only 3 plans are included with Hosting and the other 2 a 'Free' credits.  They start referring me to T&C's that refer to Free credits only lasting for 1 year.    

They are now threatening to cancel the accounts immediately and have generously offered me to upgrade at $9.99 a month.  Bearing in mind the email has always been included for free, I'm not going to go for that.

I've repeatedly asked them to confirm what I signed up for, what is included in my package, but they wouldn't give a proper answer.

Does anyone have clarification on what used to be included with Deluxe Linux hosting and has anyone else come across this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain email accounts being cancelled

Hi @JamiegVery sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant or confusing experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. 

As this is not a support forum, users here do not have access to your account and wouldn't be able to give account specific information. However, I think I can offer some insight into what could be happening. 

In years past, we offered free Workspace Email accounts in two situations. Personal, 1 GB email plans were provided with domain registrations for free. Free Workspace Email accounts were also provided with our hosting plans. Based on the tier you had, you would get either 100, 500, or 1000/unlimited boxes with respective limits of 100 MB, 500 MB, 1 GB to be shared between them. These promotions have ceased over the years. Currently, we do not offer free email credits for domain registrations and for hosting, we usually only offer one year of free Office 365 (starter) email. 

From what you've stated above, my guess is that your older hosting accounts were not renewed and they expired. When hosting expires, the free Workspace Email email credits that came with it are canceled from the account. Since the credits are no longer provided with any plan, there isn't a way for them to be added back to the account. It's super unfortunate if that's what happened, but there's no turning back the clock in that situation.  

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain email accounts being cancelled

Hi @JamiegVery sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant or confusing experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. 

As this is not a support forum, users here do not have access to your account and wouldn't be able to give account specific information. However, I think I can offer some insight into what could be happening. 

In years past, we offered free Workspace Email accounts in two situations. Personal, 1 GB email plans were provided with domain registrations for free. Free Workspace Email accounts were also provided with our hosting plans. Based on the tier you had, you would get either 100, 500, or 1000/unlimited boxes with respective limits of 100 MB, 500 MB, 1 GB to be shared between them. These promotions have ceased over the years. Currently, we do not offer free email credits for domain registrations and for hosting, we usually only offer one year of free Office 365 (starter) email. 

From what you've stated above, my guess is that your older hosting accounts were not renewed and they expired. When hosting expires, the free Workspace Email email credits that came with it are canceled from the account. Since the credits are no longer provided with any plan, there isn't a way for them to be added back to the account. It's super unfortunate if that's what happened, but there's no turning back the clock in that situation.  

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post